Pledge by Red Skelton

Translate

Search & Win

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Think about this!

Registration was last night and tonight. I have had many visits from students and former students. They are all excited to be back. They were letting me know that they are in my class or classes. So many hugs. One parent has a daughter that graduated last year. As you all know I am an advocate for women. Her daughter has a boyfriend that is doing what most abusers do... I have known this young lady since she was just an infant. I have discussed things that I have seen at school in the past with her. Mom is now dealing with it at home since she graduated. Yeah same sob stories from him... controlling through means that only the outsider can see... telling how he is the victim... tells her she should do what she wants in her parents home as she has graduated... HUMMMMMMMMM let me see how many times have I taught the signs to these young ladies... Oh that's right... only the abuser knows what is right for them... they are the only ones that cares about them... it is hard to tell when you first meet them as they are all "great and wonderful" and they are always the "victim" of others... I cannot protect them, I can only try and teach them the warning signs. Behind closed doors is where most abuse happens... Then it becomes you have no proof... so call the cops... I don't care... Sad.
I also was visited by a parent that asked that when their child feels they are going to explode to make sure they can come to my room. I guess because I am a passive person I don't present conflict at the time... If I could only lose 1 pound a lap around the track I would be toothpick size... Oh wait that is tooooo skinny for me... Okay if only I had a dollar for each lap... I'd be a millionaire! When it rains I let them walk the laps if they want... I stay in my door and watch... When it is snowy we have a snowball fight... the kids all love that... I am tired and think I will go to bed now... Good night all.

No comments:

"Don't treat someone like a priority when all they are willing to treat you like is an option." -- Unknown