Pledge by Red Skelton

Translate

Search & Win

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Darn Ambulance Drivers.

Another Christmas has passed. It is now officially the day after. I was asleep, when like many nights ambulance sirens were "blaring." Usually they are coming from one of the smaller communities to our hospital. For some reason in the middle of the night, they think they have to blare through town. You can hear them from one end to the hospital. During the daylight hours, no sirens. So why at night? I mean this is Danville... not Chicago or some other big town. Traffic is almost nonexistent in the middle of the night. I guess those volunteer crews think we all need to be awake if they have to be. Only difference being, I don't receive any compensation (Yes volunteers do get paid!)I have been told by volunteers that they can charge the insurance or the victim more with the sirens blaring. Turn off the sirens at night... If you happen to meet a car, use the alert horn... Please think of others. You cannot drive over the speed limit... you have the right-of-way in traffic and at all lights... I can see your lights much better than hear your siren if I have on my radio or others in the car talking... so why the siren in the middle of the night?

No comments:

"Don't treat someone like a priority when all they are willing to treat you like is an option." -- Unknown