Pledge by Red Skelton

Translate

Search & Win

Saturday, November 17, 2012

taxes....

Taxes... the republican party keeps saying that the 1% pay a higher rate.... well I don't know about you folks, but I pay more in taxes than the 1%. When they receive hundreds of thousands dollars back and I only get ... well nothing, many times we have to pay... then I think I am paying more than them. We pay around $18,000 a per year in income taxes out of our check. Guess what the most I have ever gotten back was $500. Which means I am still paying $17000+ in taxes.
My granddaughter said her father made a stupid comment on FB during the elections. "I don't pay taxes, they take it." Well ... Taxes are a part of the working and retirement system. Without them we wouldn't have people in your "dream" career... police. Or as I call them... "legal" bullies!
Taxes are a part of our world. It doesn't matter what country you live in, you will have taxes. They were around long before this country was even founded.
So what is my conclusion... a flat tax. It does not matter if you are rich or poor. One tax. No deductions... just a flat tax. No more IRS forms, no more whining that others aren't paying their fair share.
I have said my peace. Now on with the good life. I have to complain once in a while, just to destress!

No comments:

"Don't treat someone like a priority when all they are willing to treat you like is an option." -- Unknown