Pledge by Red Skelton

Translate

Search & Win

Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Weekend

Saturday, Mom, Casi, Austin, Devon and I went to the cemeteries and put flowers on the graves and to make sure that the graves of our vets have flags on them. Locally we have relatives that go back to the Civil War. I found one of our more recent losses that did not have a flag, however I could not find anyone in the office to tell. Saturday afternoon, the boys went out to Kristina's to visit with Rachel since Ashley was at a friends house playing and spending the night. Saturday night Rachel spent the night with us as I decided to let her go to the 500 instead of me. Sunday rolled around and up at 5 AM grandpa, Austin and Rachel headed out to meet up with Lara and Chris for the races. Austin told me that the cars were going so fast he couldn't count them. He said that they tried to video them and you couldn't even see them on the screen. Rachel informed me the fastest car went 245 miles per hour. Well that is a little faster than they went when I was a youngster. On Monday we all met at Lara and Chris' new home to help them move, Casi, Devon and I went and picked up Ashley and headed north. Rain, Rain and more rain. Lara and Chris are all moved in and 4 of their 8 nieces and nephews have been to visit them already. After helping Lara and Chris, I took Casi, the boys and the girls to Casi's home. Austin actually has school tomorrow. We are not sure how long he has to go to school, so I guess going to the genealogy library might not happen...
I have not seen any of the pictures from this weekend yet, so if they are good I will post them later.

No comments:

"Don't treat someone like a priority when all they are willing to treat you like is an option." -- Unknown