Pledge by Red Skelton

Translate

Search & Win

Sunday, October 24, 2010

I've been thinking.

I've been thinking. I know that is a scary thought. What has become of Life magazine? I use to love looking at it. The pictures of just everyday life. Did we become to busy to have an "everyday" life any more. Maybe this "down-turn" in the economy will bring back some of those things that we have forgotten - home cooked meals, victory gardens, spending time with your family - just together time.
I teach school. It seems that one of the problems with education today is the kids don't have time to study. They are on the Internet, involved with too many outside activities and that we as a society have placed to much value on sports.
As for sports - professional - it is time these guys come into reality. The outlandish salaries - I don't care if this career is a short one - really. I thought they went to college for a career that can take them into retirement...
Oh I guess I shouldn't think so much. Life magazine where are you?

No comments:

"Don't treat someone like a priority when all they are willing to treat you like is an option." -- Unknown