Pledge by Red Skelton

Translate

Search & Win

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sunday... March 6, 2011

Wow woke up snow is on the ground. What happened to all those great days we just had? I know March can be one of the worst months for weather. Snow, Ice, Rain, Wind... I remember one of the worst ice storms we ever had was in March. I was in California, it was cool there, landed at O'Hara airport, flights were being cancelled. The flight to my hometown was going to happen, the pilot lived there and wanted to get home. Off we go. The ice was thick on the windows when we landed. The ice was on the roads, the trees, the buildings and power lines. I did make it home, my luggage didn't and neither did my children. They were still at their grandmother's home. I woke up the next morning to a loud crashing noise. The patio cover had fallen, the power was off and I was alone. My husband was stuck in Florida, on his motorcycle with an ice storm between him and me. It was our anniversary. So I sat and read until the power came back on... gathered my children a few days later, my husband sent me the biggest arrangement of flowers I had ever seen and life was good.

No comments:

"Don't treat someone like a priority when all they are willing to treat you like is an option." -- Unknown