Pledge by Red Skelton

Translate

Search & Win

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Black Friday

I was just reading an article about a young man upset because he has to go to work at 11 pm on Thanksgiving... When I was much younger you did not see Christmas or Black Friday merchandise out until Black Friday.

I worked for a department store. On Thanksgiving evening we would go in for a few hours and get the store ready for the next morning. Stores opened at 7 am that day. Today the Christmas trees are up in the stores before Halloween.
The spirit of Christmas is not the same. It is all about retail and making the rich richer.

I am hand making small personal gifts for each of my children and grandchildren. I just think Christmas is out of hand.
I had one daughter tell me they still had $1000 a piece to spend on their two children.... What? I know they have already spent well over $500  a piece on the them. Christmas .... well that is another blog post.

No comments:

"Don't treat someone like a priority when all they are willing to treat you like is an option." -- Unknown