Pledge by Red Skelton

Translate

Search & Win

Sunday, November 30, 2008

"Black Friday" Shopping

Isabela wanted to experience Black Friday shopping. So after we ate, I went home with Lara, Chris and Isabela. We arrived at their place at about 11:00 PM on Thanksgiving nite. At midnight, Isabela, Lara and myself went shopping at the outlet mall. The store Isabela wanted to go to had a line 3 blocks long. Needless to say we didn't stand in line there. We did find Devon a Christmas gift. And we got Christopher a gift. Then Lara and I each purchased a new pair of tennis shoes. Isabela purchased Chris' gift also. We went back to Lara and Chris' (2:30 AM) and went to sleep for a couple of hours. Lara was scheduled to work at 7:30 AM. Chris woke up to take her to work and he and I went out shopping. We didn't have much luck with finding what we set out to find. However we did find a few bargins. James drove up to Lara's to pick me up and then he joined us on the ultimate gift hunt. We finished some of our shopping while there. I found that the bargins of the past were not there and that it was hardly worth it to go. But of course I don't like shopping so I guess you can't be disappointed if you don't get excited about the chase. My thoughts about this whole black Friday thing is that the real bargins happen about the end of January and that is when you should be shopping for next Christmas.

No comments:

"Don't treat someone like a priority when all they are willing to treat you like is an option." -- Unknown