Pledge by Red Skelton

Translate

Search & Win

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy Holiday

Thanksgiving has come and gone. We had quite a few family members come for a great meal. This year we had it at Mom's. She was down in her leg, so getting up the front steps to my home would have been a challenge for her. I did help prepare the meal and my great husband helped to get the place ready. This year, since we were going to serve the evening meal, we decided to do something different. We had chicken and noodles instead of turkey. Besides Turkey's were just overpriced and I wasn't willing to pay it. I managed to make some goodies the morning of the party - peanut brittle, brownies made the ole fashion way, rice krispie treats, pickle wraps, and waterchestnuts wrapped in bacon. Ashley and I made pink mints and cherry press cookies last week. All the treats were eaten and everyone took left overs home with them.
It was a great Thanksgivig.

No comments:

"Don't treat someone like a priority when all they are willing to treat you like is an option." -- Unknown