Pledge by Red Skelton

Translate

Search & Win

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Marge and Jeff Visit

My cousin Jeff and his mother flew in for the weekend. They came to visit me and Aunt Tilly. Aunt Tilly has been in the nursing home for sometime now. Marge is now legally blind. She seems to have adapted quit well. She is getting books on tape to listen to and she purchased a 42 inch TV so she could see it again. We had a really great time. Such a short visit, however she wanted to see the leaves changed one more time.

While we were having one of our many conversations Jeff commented, "You know here in the states I see few people that look like me. However when I go back to the old country, to the town our grandparents came from, everyone looks like me." We know now after many years of searching, our grandparents came to this country with very few other relatives. Maybe that's why so many of them look like us.









No comments:

"Don't treat someone like a priority when all they are willing to treat you like is an option." -- Unknown