Pledge by Red Skelton

Translate

Search & Win

Sunday, November 22, 2009

What a weekend

Friday, class just starting, my cell rings...well vibrates loudly. I look it is my mum. She never calls me during the work day so I answered. My students went right on with their preparation for class. She was ill and needed me to come home. I called my sister and told her that mum was ill and wanted us to come right away. She was a little slow (my sister)... in the meantime, Debbie G. begins preparing for me to leave. They couldn't find a sub so she got to play teacher. The students pretty much know what they are to do, and so subs don't mind coming to my room. I spent 7 hours in the ER waiting and waiting. It was hard for them to figure out what is wrong with her since every test comes back with negative results. All day waiting and waiting. Finally they decide they are going to keep her over night at least. The next morning when I arrive at the hospital with her Bible study materials and her word search book, didn't bring her clothes though, she tells me they have already released her and she was just waiting on me to get there... so I went back home, picked up her clothes, and my wonderful hubby goes and gets her vehicle, and he drives her home.

I hadn't been home from mum's more than 45 minutes, when Kristina calls. Jason called to see what she wanted him to do about Rachel falling out of the tree. (DUH!!) So back to the hospital ER. Only a badly sprained ankle. She is on crutches, and ice skating is out for a few weeks. Probably until the first of the new year.

Rachel went home for a little while Saturday night and then wanted to come spend the night here. She wanted to make sure she was able to go to church. Her mom brought her back in town. Church was a blast for her. Since Ashley's dad won't bring her to her church, she missed it. (SO SAD!) However, Rachel made sure she picked up all the activities they did for Ashley.

Sunday afternoon, Rachel wanted to go back to church to participate in the Christmas practice. She called Ashley and she wants to also. So they will be in the Christmas Eve program.

Not much else, except I didn't get much of the things done that I wanted to this weekend. Maybe next.

No comments:

"Don't treat someone like a priority when all they are willing to treat you like is an option." -- Unknown