Pledge by Red Skelton

Translate

Search & Win

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving --- Great Company-- Great Food

Mum has now lived through 91 Thanksgiving Feasts. We had been to the hospital with her just a few days earlier. She has been soooo busy at church that she became exhausted. The ER doctor could not believe she was 91 let alone 91 and NO MEDS!

I have to say I am so thankful to have such a great family and boocoos of friends. Friends and FAMILY not limited to just here in the states, but across the globe.

Thanksgiving weekend started with me driving to get Devon and Austin. They came to spend the holiday with us. Casi and Shane did that "shopping til you drop" thing. I don't think they were able to get all of their shopping done. Casi said the things they were looking for were not on sale... Grandpa took the boys home early this morning as their father's side of the family are celebrating Thanksgiving and Christmas this weekend. Martha told Casi to tell me she was "stealing" my idea to combine the two. The boys were excited because they are going to unwrap gifts today. We shopped all day yesterday so they could find just the right gifts for today. Austin kept forgetting who he was shopping for. His list of wants kept getting longer and longer.

Mum and I worked on Thanksgiving food Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday morning. She did much of the work, doing it while I was at work. That was not the deal Mum! I think she really feels left out if she doesn't have a major say in the prep. She prepared the meals every Thanksgiving until a few years ago, and then it became my job.

Marianne, Andy, Rebecca, Adam and his family all came. I will post pictures of the baby soon. Rebecca and Austin discussed his roll in her up coming wedding. He is so worried he won't get things right. She assured him he would. I think she is thinking of having Devon in the wedding too now.

Jack, Janet and boys where there also. What a great time getting to visit with them again. We don't see them much.

Kristina and Dustin came. Everyone was shocked with the announcement of the up coming wedding. Kristina swore she wouldn't marry again after the disappointing marriage she had. She now has a great guy that loves her and the girls and that is all that matters. We missed the girls as this was their year for Thanksgiving day with their father. They were disappointed because they didn't spend it with his family but his 3rd wife's family. Oh well! They will get over it. They did make it in time, late though, to see the boys before we had to take them to their grandma and grandpa Davis' house.

Lara and Chris spent their Thanksgiving in Louisiana. They were with Chris' family. I can't wait to hear how much fun they had and see all of their pictures. Many I'm sure.

I am so Thankful that I have such a wonderful and loving family. A great husband, and wonderful daughters and son. I am so thankful that I go to the best church around. For all the wonderful people that attend there and love my children and grandchildren so much. To my wonderful children, their spouses, and their children... I love each and everyone of you. Our time spent together is precious.

No comments:

"Don't treat someone like a priority when all they are willing to treat you like is an option." -- Unknown