Pledge by Red Skelton

Translate

Search & Win

Friday, June 18, 2010

Plans for the next week

The summer seems to be flying by. I have been going to the library frequently. I have done much research. To see the information go to my family tree blog. It has the obituaries and other information I have found. Seems that most of the information you need comes from the obituaries. Some research is still needed. I have one relative that I have questions about. It seems that another child was born to David and Harriet. I found her living with her sister and her husband. I cannot find anything else about her. You know with a common last name as Jones and then a common first name for that time, Elizabeth, there are too many. I have gone to the court house, but none of the Elizabeth Jones' on file there match mine. I am also looking for another relative that seems to not appear any place except mentioned in an obituary (the person had 8 children, we know of only 7) and in an article that interviewed my great-grandmother. Mom and I plan a trip to "track" this child down. All we can think of is that he was born in Indiana and he must of died in Indiana. We believe he was born in a town called Stone Bluff. Other relatives were born there. The records are in an unlikely area. But I checked on the Internet and they are kept where I thought. Happy hunting to us.
I made a trip to Fowler to do some look ups. I did find some very interesting information which lead to more information. Woohoo.
Poor Casi and Devon had to go along for the ride. Devon however has read many library books with his mother and is on his third reward. First he got a really nice box from Barnes and Nobles, then he got a pizza certificate to Monicals. I don't know what his next reward will be, but he likes to listen to someone read to him and he loves to look at the pictures and make up stories.

No comments:

"Don't treat someone like a priority when all they are willing to treat you like is an option." -- Unknown