Pledge by Red Skelton

Translate

Search & Win

Saturday, July 3, 2010

A message I wrote to help a cousin with a school assignment

I wrote this opinion for my cousin in Wales. He had an assignment and the old folks in America could possibly help him. I hope you enjoy my thoughts.

In the United States of America, individuals are allowed to worship as they please. We have individuals in almost every religious organizations possible. I personally belong to the Methodist Church.

I believe there is a superior being. Through this belief I am able to understand things that are unexplainable. Miracles. I question how the Earth came about, how human life started, or even those animals that they claim we have evolved from. It is hard to imagine life just evolving from basically nothing. Even those nothings had to come from someplace... but where?

In our church we do not try to convince individuals that they should be afraid of God, nor do we try to convince them that we are the only chosen religion.

God is similar to Santa Clause. In Santa we believe a special person cares enough about us to reward us with presents on a special night. We worry about the naughty or nice list. In our hearts he is so real we write letters and wait for the special night. We know he doesn't exist, yet we believe. This belief helps us to look forward to a magical time, and to live the way we think he wants us to. Excitement builds, sleep is hard, and then after hours of anticipation we sleep - waking to the wonderful joy of seeing the results of our behaviors.

God rewards us when we are prepared to leave our Earthly state and join him and others that have passed before us. Why do I believe so strongly in a life after our Earthly state... I have watched and talked to individuals as they know they are dying. They talk of talking to others that have passed before them, many times months before their actual passing. While in surgery once, I walked, talked with, and drove my father's favorite car - he had passed on 12 years earlier. While with him I could see other relatives, some I did not know in an Earthly state, but knew them in the Heavenly state. After waking from the surgery, confused, I called my mother to see if I could speak to my father. She was so shocked that I would ask such a silly question as he passed so many years before.

My father must have spoken to my sister before she passed as she kept telling him she could not see the lights. Those lights were of the car, the car my father loved. She cried out for me as I had told her this story I kept to myself for years just two days earlier. I thought she should know that daddy would be there, to help lead her to Heaven. The morning of the day my sister passed, my nephew called and wanted me to come right then, he said he was scared, he was a grown man, but he was frightened in the night watch of his mother. He told me his mother was crying out for me and my father. This was three o'clock in the morning, a foggy morning with visibility of just over the front of your car. A two hour drive normally would take much longer this night. Strange as it sounds, visibility for us was good. We met up with others that were going to visit with my sister, and we had no problems seeing the path there, yet the fog was so thick you couldn't see the farm land just beyond the road. Tom told me that he was feeling movement in the room where my sister was. She kept crying out she needed my help. She got calm when I told her I was there. My cousin said she had been with my sister just a few days before. My sister confided in her that the angels were there, but she was ignoring them, even though they wanted her to talk to them. She was not ready to pass yet. She still had hope. That night the angels were there preparing my sister for her welcoming to her new home, Heaven.

Would such an experience be one you would readily tell others? Probably not. They would feel you are crazy. May even tell you that you are crazy.

So my belief in God is there. Not necessarily because the teacher has taught me this, but I truly believe God himself was giving me a hint that death is not something to fear. That when you are in your "low tide", belief in him can guide us.

No comments:

"Don't treat someone like a priority when all they are willing to treat you like is an option." -- Unknown