Pledge by Red Skelton

Translate

Search & Win

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Great Weekend

This weekend we spent picnicing, geocaching, and just havin' plain ole fashion fun. On Friday I had meetings all day. On Saturday I planned to get "tons" of work done. Instead I ended up working on things important for school... lessons. On Sunday I met up with the kids at Turkey Run. We cooked out, went on a hike, played, did some tumbling, then we went geocaching. The geocache was near a covered bridge. Isabella really likes America. However while geocaching it began to get dark, especially in the woods. This bothered her, but she stood strong and we all came out with just a few bug bites. When we first arrived at our geo spot there were some deer standing in a field. Leaving there the field was full of deer resting. She took lots of pictures of the animals. Chris and Isabella went back to Michigan City as Isabella had school Monday and Chris had to work half day. Lara came home with Kristina, Rachel, Ashley and me. What a surprise for her dad. He was glad to see her. On Monday I took Lara over to Kokomo so they could sign the paper work to sell their home there. I know Lara and Chris will miss it and I know their neighbors will miss them. Lara got the recipe for the sugar cream pie that is so wonderful. Lara, Chris and I went to have dinner at Outback... Bloomin' Onion, baby back ribs, sweet potatoes, apples and their bread. Great meal, good company, and many laughs. I headed home and Chris and Lara went geocaching. Now we are all back in the swing of things. Rachel is getting excited about going to the skating competitions. However many of them seem to fall on Jason's weekends. She is not happy. She is scared he will not take her to them. I hope he can find it in his "fatherly" heart to do what is important to his children. The activities they are involved in are important to them. It is important that they learn they are important and not just a financial "burden." Sometimes it is important to see that the money paid in support is not all the support that is needed for your children. Enough of my rantings and how disappointed I am in their father by how he treats them and their mother.

No comments:

"Don't treat someone like a priority when all they are willing to treat you like is an option." -- Unknown