Pledge by Red Skelton

Translate

Search & Win

Monday, December 12, 2011

Quickly Approaching...

Christmas is quickly approaching. The end of 2011 is not far away.
This time last year my mother was ill. Not enough yet to be in the hospital, but very close. She almost died Christmas Eve. Thank goodness for medical science she survived. All it was --- her gall bladder. However because of medical mess-up she almost died. For some reason when they give her IVs they fill the cavity around her heart with fluid. Now we have to deal with the after effects of congestive heart failure.
This year we plan to celebrate with her still being here. She seems to be in Okay health, however there are times when I worry about her.
I still need to do Christmas shopping. Retirement has made it so that I seem to think I have a lot of time. Housework is completed quickly, then the rest of the day comes. I crochet. I have crochet many hats for the fellows at the mission, the homeless. Hopefully they will help keep their heads warm.
Next year I think my daughter and I may make lots of cards for the fellows at the VA. Maybe we will make some for them for Valentine Day. Who knows. I need to win the lottery so that I can do all of these things.

No comments:

"Don't treat someone like a priority when all they are willing to treat you like is an option." -- Unknown