Pledge by Red Skelton

Translate

Search & Win

Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 good bye 2013 ....

2012 good bye... 2013 may you be a better year.
Recap of the things that have happened this year.
We have had several funerals ~ families and good friends.
We have a family member who was diagnosed with brain cancer ~ he received good news ~ not malignant and was a fatty tissue type. (He is less than a year old.)
We have a family member who has been diagnosed with brain cancer ~ she will ring in the new year, but will not be here much longer. Her diagnosis was just a few days ago and it has already doubled in size. Prayers to all the family members in Heaven to help welcome her into Heaven. (She just turned 60 in November.)
My sweet hubby has retired.
I spent weeks in England, Wales and Europe visiting family and friends with my granddaughter, daughter and son-in-law ~ When in Wales felt like I belonged there.  Thanks family for making me feel so welcome.
I have been crocheting up a storm. I have started a new book. I have gotten a few things off my "need to do" list.
I have taken trips to visit family and friends here in the states.
Rachel and Ashley stay with us quit a bit because they are going to the private Catholic school and like not being so rushed in the morning.
Mom is still with us. Celebrated her 94th birthday.  Still gets around good for her age. She still loves cooking. Loves going to church and being active in Eastern Star and church activities.
Lara, Chris, Victoria and Katelyn spent Christmas Eve and day with us. Went to church for the Christmas Eve service. Love having them here. Don't look forward to the day Santa will come to their home instead of mine. ( Know that is selfish, but I can't imagine how lonely Christmas will be without them.)
Rachel and Ashley went to Texas and spent Christmas with their father and his wife and stepchildren. Also his parents were there.
Had a picture taken of the three girls and one of the grandchildren with Santa. Love it.
I have written a blog post for every single day this year.
I know there is more... but my brain is telling me it is time to stop and go relax and bring in the New Year quietly here at home with the love of my life.
Have a safe and blessed New Year!

No comments:

"Don't treat someone like a priority when all they are willing to treat you like is an option." -- Unknown