Pledge by Red Skelton

Translate

Search & Win

Friday, February 6, 2009

Great Workshop

WOW My school and others in our coop can purchase computers for our students to have in their homes for $15.00 each. Our "boss man" is worried that others will complain why did we purchase for the kids with 504 plans or IEPs and not for all the students. Well because it is a program for our students only. That would mean for about $300.00 everyone of my students on my caseload could own a computer. Of course most of my students have computers, but the ones that don't really cannot afford them. I know there are others that cannot afford them, but the disadvantage of my students is that their other family members many times tell them they don't need to be on the computer, that they are not as important as them or their homework, when in fact they need them as much as the others do. Maybe more.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

This is most interesting, how and why are computers available to students for $15.00? I ask because my daughter teaches 5th grade in Baltimore in a need area.

Made my way here because some of your interests are the same as mine. Genealogy, history, family.

Do stop in for a visit, the welcome mats always out.

Sandy
just started a travel blog you might like too

The Hall's said...

I teach special education. Here is a link to the website we use here in Illinois. I do believe they have other programs in other states. This is the one for Illinois: http://il.myinfinitec.org You maybe able to just type in infinitec and get information there. It is an exciting program for special need students.

"Don't treat someone like a priority when all they are willing to treat you like is an option." -- Unknown