Pledge by Red Skelton

Translate

Search & Win

Monday, February 9, 2009

Writing

I think I am about ready to start writing. I am not sure what I will write about, but this blogging thing makes you feel more comfortable with writing. I think I would like to write a novel about my family's adventure of coming to America in the 1880's. The boat ride here, the tales that have been spun, and make it into a novel that will create an interest of others in the study of genealogy.
Many times people think it is a boring topic. I find it exciting to find things out about my family roots. Unfortunately, my grandparents died and left few clues. I have gotten a few pictures from different places and I have been fortunate enough to meet others that have the same love of history and we have shared our pictures and information. Through this experience I have found my family in Wales. What a great feeling. I have longed since a child to go there, search them out, and just get to know them. How I wished this love of family history would have started when I was 5 years old and not the age it did. Now I am unable to talk with those that could help me. I have been trying to instill that love in my grandchildren. They find it interesting to read the stories I have written for them.
I just need to begin......

No comments:

"Don't treat someone like a priority when all they are willing to treat you like is an option." -- Unknown