Pledge by Red Skelton

Translate

Search & Win

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Good Memories.... Knowles and the 4th of July

I have such great memories of my father's family and the 4th of July. We would all head to the GAO Grotto for a fun filled afternoon of corn on the cob, chicken on the grill and other sides; games, games and more games; swimming and skiing; visiting with the family. We would go home and have dinner and then go back for an evening of fireworks. Grandma loved those fireworks, except the boom ones. We would sit on the blankets, my cousins, sisters and me, and our parents sat in their lawn chairs. The ground display was fabulous, as was the air show.
I don't think it was just the fireworks that brings such wonderful memories, I think it was the family and spending time with them.

No comments:

"Don't treat someone like a priority when all they are willing to treat you like is an option." -- Unknown