Pledge by Red Skelton

Translate

Search & Win

Friday, July 15, 2011

We went on our vacation 1

This past week we took a weeks vacation to Tennessee. We had a really great time. Only thing that could have made it better if some of the grandchildren were with us.
Lara, my hubby and I started off by going to the Monkees concert with my sister and our son-in-law, Chris.
The morning after Chris took off for Germany and we headed back home with Lara and my sister.
The next day we just lazy around and got prepared for the trip. Off we went. First we stopped at Cathy and Darrell's house. Lara stayed the night there while we headed to a hotel up the road. The next morning we went back and picked Lara up.
Our next stop was at our son's house. Visited for 2 days there. Then we headed to my husband's sister's house. We visited them 2 days and then we headed to Pigeon Forge. Stayed a night there. Then we went back to Knoxville and visited two of my husband's aunts. I had never met the one, and the other we have not seen in too many years.
My husband's one cousin had had a stroke, but seemed to be doing well. His other cousin (we visited) is in stage 4 lung cancer. It is in her liver and brain now.
We took off from there and headed back to Darrell and Cathy's place. We stayed the night there as we were going to a Stampin Up party. It was really fun and I learned techniques I thought were going to be hard. Thanks Cathy. I really enjoyed the party.
After the party we packed up and headed home.
Lara stayed the night, visited her grandma (my mom) the next morning and then my wonderful husband took her home.
When will the next trip be?
Hard telling. My uncle is very ill and not expected to last much longer and we plan to go to my husband's cousin's funeral when the time comes.
Not a good way to end a great trip, but life is not always fair.

No comments:

"Don't treat someone like a priority when all they are willing to treat you like is an option." -- Unknown