Pledge by Red Skelton

Translate

Search & Win

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I have many family updates today...

Today I first called my husband's brother David to see if he knew some information that may help me with my family search on his grandfather, David Hall. We got to talking and he mentioned he had heard that their cousin Sandy had passed. I did not know if she did or didn't. We talked a while and he told me that the trucking company that he worked for just gave him a designated truck just for him with a special decal to depict the fact that he had driven for them 2 million miles accident free. Knock on wood..... He has driven 3 million plus miles accident free in his career.
We talked for a while and then he was heading into a mountainous area and we knew we would loose contact. So we ended it there. He is now 67 years old and doesn't want to think about retiring because he doesn't want to just sit around and wait to die.
Then I called James sister Virginia to see how she was. She said that she just got over pneumonia and that she was having problems with her liver and that she may need to head to Florida to the Mayo Clinic. We will ask that all pray for her.
I then decided I would call Aunt Judy, my husband's uncle Sam's wife (Uncle Sam passed many years ago.) and ask her a few questions. She told me that Sandy passed in August and that his cousin Nancy had another stroke in July and that she was not handling her sister's death well and is in the hospital. She hopes she gets out this week. Aunt Judy stated Nancy wasn't sure she was ready to get out.  Promised her I would call when I get to Tennessee and visit with her.
Then I got on facebook and I typed in my brother-in-law Clyde's daughter's name. Wow it popped right up. I am now friends on facebook with Julie. Whoop! We had a quick catch up and a lunch date for when I get to Tennessee. We haven't seen this family in 20 years or so. So long that Lara doesn't remember them. The last time we saw his brother Clyde was when their sister died. That would be the year 2000.
So I feel that I have had a very successful family day. Can't wait to go to Tennessee.

No comments:

"Don't treat someone like a priority when all they are willing to treat you like is an option." -- Unknown