Pledge by Red Skelton

Translate

Search & Win

Saturday, February 25, 2012

The girls....

Kristina had a tooth pulled yesterday, so the girls are spending time with me. The girls are on the go all the time. They get bored easily and love doing sports, going to dances and roller skating. Tonight they are skating. Grandpa told them he would pick them up at the time it was over.
I so enjoy going to their games and hearing how proud they are of their accomplishments.
My two youngest children where home schooled part of their school life. We made sure they were involved in sports, swimming, acting, clubs and organizations so that they could be well rounded individuals and social.
Sometime home schooled kids are "strange." They don't know how to make friends or they are so "backwards" or have parents that are strange, that homeschooling is the only suitable place for them to be educated. The bad thing about homeschooling is so many people don't actually educate their children. It is another way to control every aspect of their life and to make sure they control the children they associate with.
I have found that parents of the latter type, come from a certain group of people where secrecy is important. This makes them untrustworthy and young girls are frequently defiled by men...
Well anyways, like I was saying, I love the fact my grandchildren love being active. I have talked to them many times to make sure they express themselves if they don't want to do something. However my junior high age granddaughter today informed me she wants to add cheerleading to her activities... okay.... So I guess softball (year round), school volleyball, school basketball, scholastic bowl and student council just isn't enough. She is a straight A student in advanced classes, and loves school.
Let your children do all they want, provided their health doesn't suffer or their grades. Keep yourself sane by understanding it is only a short period in your life.

No comments:

"Don't treat someone like a priority when all they are willing to treat you like is an option." -- Unknown