Pledge by Red Skelton

Translate

Search & Win

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Okay here is post 1....

Okay, yesterday we went to my great-great-nieces birthday party. Her great grandmother, my sister, passed away 11 years ago. We were still able to get a 5 generation picture as my sister's husband is like a brother to us, (my other sister and I were 9 and 10 years younger than Judy), Judy and her husband only had boys so no female only picture, So in the picture is my mother (93 years young), my brother-in-law representing my sister, my nephew, my nephew's daughter, and my nephew's granddaughter.... wow....
It was a little strange... Louie remarried a few years ago... His wife decided she didn't want to be married any more and then begged him to take her back, they did not sit together at the meal, in fact she sat with my nephew's ex-wife and her boyfriend. Strange for someone that wanted you to take her back. (She didn't want a divorce until she had been married to him 10 years so she could get his pension along with her other dead husband's and her own. Seems she is in this for the money.) Tom's ex-wife, Julie, brought her boyfriend that she had been cheating on my nephew with for 20+ years and his family. Her parents are divorced and they each came with their newbies. My one nephew wouldn't come because he didn't like his dad taking back this woman and the fact Julie the terror was there. Tom's finance came and her family, her husband had passed away before Tom met her. We really like her. Mom went to this party with the idea that things would be good, however after Chris, Louis wife, gave her the cold shoulder, (Chris had blamed my sister and cousin at a different get together and then Louie got upset and so did mom.), this time mom saw it first-hand. I don't think Chris will ever be in her good graces again. Louie acted so unhappy, that mom's heart was broken. You don't mess with Louie. And so it was a miserable day in some ways and a happy day in others, even though I sat back and out of the loop as much as possible. I didn't want to go because of all the drama.
The happy spot: MY YOUNGEST GRANDDAUGHTER, daughter and her husband were there. We sat with my nephew Don and his son, who hardly ever talks and he talked. He wanted to have his picture with the baby as did his sister. So all is good.

No comments:

"Don't treat someone like a priority when all they are willing to treat you like is an option." -- Unknown